Employer And Employee Tax Filing in Hong Kong

Employer's Return

Employer must complete the return and lodge with Inland Revenue Department (“IRD”) within 1 month from the issue date of the return even if no employee was hired during the year or the business has not commenced.

IRD normally issues Employer’s Return on the first working day of April. 

Employer’s Return and all the Forms IR56B must be signed by the same responsible person.  For a limited company incorporated in Hong Kong, they must be signed by the employer’s director, company secretary or manager.

Tax Return - Individuals

Let’s turn to employee tax filing.

Employee should report income, before deducting mandatory contributions to recognized retirement schemes (“MPF”), received or receivable during the year.

Income includes income from an office, full-time or part-time employment or pension from a former employer.

Even if full or partial tax exemption is claimed for offshore nature, the gross amount should be declared. Then, employee should fill in the amount to be excluded in the return and complete the Appendix to the return.

Same as Employer’s Return, the reporting period is from 1st April to 31st March of the following year. 

Employee must complete the return and lodge with IRD within 1 month from the issue date of the return.

IRD normally issues Individual Tax Return on the first working day of May. 

Employee can claim for eligible deductions, such as approved charitable donations and contributions to MPF, and eligible allowances, such as married person’s allowance and child allowance, in the return.

[Hong Kong] Hong Kong Company Maintenance>>

[Hong Kong] How to setup Hong Kong Bank Account >>

We are regularly holding webinars. To make the dream of starting your overseas business come true with us.

Premia TNC YouTube >>

Hong Kong Bank Acount ope

On Key

Related Posts

싱가포르 해외 유학, 싱가포르 대표 대학교 소개합니다!

싱가포르로 유학을 계획 중이거나, 가족 모두가 이주를 준비하고 있다면 싱가포르 대학 순위에 대해서 알아보는 것이 필수 조건입니다. 싱가포르도 한국 못지않게 교육열이 높기로 유명합니다. 지금부터 싱가포르에서 유명한 대학 Top 5를 알려드리겠습니다.

싱가포르 이중과세방지협정

싱가포르의 이중과세방지협약

이중과세방지협약은 세금 보조금, 세액 공제 또는 할인 세율 적용 등을 통해, 이중과세에 대한 부담을 줄여줍니다. 상세 내용은 각 나라별 협의가 이뤄진 협약마다 다르며, 싱가포르의 이중과세방지협약에 관해 설명해 드리겠습니다.

비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기

비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기