[Hong Kong] Significant Controllers Registers (SCR)
Significant Controllers Registers (SCR)
Regarding the significant controllers register, On 1 March 2018, the Companies Registry has commenced Amendment Ordinance and introduces new requirements on the keeping of significant controllers registers by companies.
It is to enhance the transparency of corporate beneficial ownership in order to fulfill Hong Kong’s international obligations and require a company incorporated in Hong Kong to obtain and maintain up-to-date beneficial ownership information by way of keeping a Significant Controllers Register (SCR).
Under the new requirements for SCR, the company incorporated in Hong Kong is required:
- To identify persons who have significant control over the company and
- To maintain a significant controller, register to be accessible by law enforcement officers.
Also, the major obligations of the company included:
- Identifying significant controllers
- Allowing inspection by law enforcement officer
- Giving notices to significant controllers & others
- Updating information in the register
- Entering particulars in the register
For the SCR, who is the significant controllers of the company?
A significant controller including:
- A registrable person who is a natural person
- A registrable legal entity which is a shareholder of the company that has significant control over the company.
A person has significant control over a company if one or more of the following conditionals are met and generally, it will be depended on the person’s shareholding or whether have a right to exercise or significant influence or control over the company. Here you can see that the 5 nature of significant controllers: –
a) The person holds, directly or indirectly, more than 25% of the issued shares in the company or, if the company does not have a share capital, the person holds, directly or indirectly, a right to share in more than 25% of the capital or profits of the company.
b) The person holds, directly or indirectly, more than 25% of the voting rights of the company.
c) The person holds, directly or indirectly, the right to appoint or remove a majority of the board of directors of the company;
d) The person has the right to exercise, or actually exercises, significant influence or control over the company.
e) The person has the right to exercise, or actually exercises, significant influence or control over the activities of a trust or a firm that is not a legal person, but whose trustees or members satisfy any of the first four conditions in relation to the company
To maintain the proper information on the SCR:
– The company must keep its SCR in English or Chinese,
– Also, the information of required particular, date of becoming a significant controller and nature of control over the company of every significant controller of the company, the particular shall required of each Significant Controller’s name, and the registrable person’s correspondence address and identity card or passport number and issuing country OR, the registrable legal entity, legal form, registrable number,place of incorporation and registered address
– update the register if any change of particular
– The name and contact details of at least one designated representative to provide assistance relating to the company’s SCR to a law enforcement officer.
What is the definition of a small business entity in Taiwan? There are 4 criteria of a small business entity as below. The business scope is small. The monthly sales amount is lower than NTD$200,00. The monthly sales have been verified by the tax authority. Subject to tax registration if start to run the business. The VAT rate is 1% of the monthly sales. For example, if your monthly sales are NTD$80,000, you will be subject to NTD$800 per month and the payment should be made on a quarterly basis.
대만 내 소기업의 정의는 아래와 같이 총 4가지입니다. 사업 범위가 작으면서,월 매출액이 NTD 200,000이하이며, 세무 당국에 의해 월 매출액을 확인 받은 기업이며, 사업 시작 시 세무등기 등록 대상인 기업입니다. 부가가치세율은 월 매출액의 1%입니다. 예를 들어 월 매출액이 NTD 80,000 에 따른 부가가치세는 NTD 800이며, 매 분기(3개월)마다 납부해야합니다.
대만에서 개인사업자로서 사업을 영위하며, 소유한 건물 및 주택을 사업에 이용하실 수 있는데요. 이와 같은 경우, 소유한 주택에 관련된 비용이 모두 손금에 산입할 수 있는 항목일지 아래 글을 통해 알아보겠습니다. 국세국에 따르면 개인사업자가 본인 소유의 주택을 사무실, 의료 및 진료 시설 등으로 사용하는 경우 토지가치세, 가옥세 및 주택 일부에 대한 감가상각비를 사업을 위해 사용된 비용으로 공제가 가능하나, 임차비용으로는 처리될 수 없습니다.
비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기
비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기