[Hong Kong] Hong Kong Profits Tax
– Hong Kong adopts territorial basis of taxation.
- It means only business profits, arising in or derived from Hong Kong is taxable.
- It applies to both residents and non-residents of Hong Kong.
– No capital gains tax
– Hong Kong has concluded more than 30 bilateral comprehensive tax treaties.
– The documents to be submitted are as follow:
- Tax computation and supporting schedules
- Audited financial statements
- Profits Tax Return
Hong Kong profits Tax rates
Tax rate on corporate assessable profits
16.5% (8.25% for first HK$2 million of assessable profits if two-tier tax rates regime is elected)
Tax rate on assessable profits of unincorporated business
15% (7.5% for first HK$2 million of assessable profits if two-tier tax rates regime is elected)
Tax rate on capital gains
Tax rate on dividend distribution to shareholders
Tax rate on non-Hong Kong sourced income
Provisional tax may be charged based on the current year assessable profit and will be utilized for offsetting next year profits tax payable.
Filing due date
Accounting year ended
Between 1 April to 30 November (“N Code”)
2 May of the following year
Between 1 December to 31 December (“D Code”)
15 August of the following year
Between 1 January to 31 March (“M Code”)
15 November of the same year
First return of newly incorporated company
3 months from the date of issue of the return (around 18 months after the date of incorporation)
Register overseas in Hong Kong and annual filing >>
Hong Kong Tax system – Profit Tax >>
We are regularly holding webinars. To make the dream of starting your overseas business come true with us.
비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기
비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기