Annual General Meeting in Hong Kong
Under the Companies Ordinance, a company must hold an AGM (Annual General Meeting) in respect of each financial year of the company, instead of in each calendar year.
For the newly incorporated company, the company should hold the 1st AGM on:
- 9 months after the first anniversary of the company incorporation; or
- 3 months after the end of that account reference period, whichever is the later;
For the on-going company, the company should hold the AGM on 9 months after the end of its accounting reference period.
1) The company financial year ended as at 31 March; the AGM should hold not later than 31 December
2) If the company financial year ended as at 31 December; the AGM should hold not later than 30 Sep
About the AGM, the company should send the notification of AGM schedule with all members at least 21 clear days.
If the notice shorter than 21 clear days, must agree by all the members entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
Also, there are some situation may exempt to hold an AGM on each financial year.
1) Under section 612(1), a company is not required to hold an AGM if everything that is required to be done at the meeting is done by a written resolution and copies of the documents required to be laid or produced at the meeting are provided to each member of the company on or before the circulation date of the written resolution. (Under section 612(1), a company is not required to hold an AGM if everything done by written resolution and the documents are provided to all members of the company)
2) Also, if the company is only a single member, it is not required to hold an AGM.
3) For the company ordinances, also allows a company to dispense with the holding of AGMs by a written resolution or a resolution at a general meeting passed by all members.
4) It is also exempts a dormant company from the requirement to hold AGMs.
We are regularly holding webinars. To make the dream of starting your overseas business come true with us.
비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기
비즈니스 / 컨설팅 문의하기